Saturday, November 18, 2006

Such is life

Weelll,
recently I (j) have manage to lose (or get stolen -- not sure), my nice winter jacket, my wallet, and my new cell phone. :( That's not something I am accustomed to doing as I have been working hard at acting like an adult for the past year or year and a half. H and I looked high and low for the stuff, and I regret to say that both of us spent some time worrying about that which we cannot change. We did all we could to protect our finances and my indentity, but it bugs both of us that the event has happend at all. I think both of us realize a better attitude to take to this whole thing would be that of accepting reality, while it is good to worry about protecting ourselves against further exploitation, we don't have to walk around for the next two weeks frowning at each other and resenting the fact that we lost luxury items (I have more than one wallet and coat).

On a lighter note we spent the majority of today working hard. We cleaned and rearranged the house and wrote copious thank you letters, in the style of two of our married friends in Manhattan -- the personalized newsletter. There's almost nothing more theraputic than a productive day of work.

No comments: