Saturday, April 14, 2007

State of the House We Live In

Feel free to tell us what to do about this wet situation...
We think we have mold growing in the basement and this is why, all the windows leak water when it rains (or in the recent case, snows), and there is some discoloration that has been depicted as mold on the websites we visited that explain mold. It's supposed to be a health hazard, but most people don't seem to think it is serious. Seems serious to us though...






I haven't cleaned out the gutters yet, but they were darn full when we moved in and have only gotten worse. I rigged this tarp since I don't have a ladder and therefore can't get on the roof to clean the gutters. Even if I cleaned the gutters on this side of the house, water would still drain into the area that is subsided next to the foundation.






No comments: